Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spinning Tip - Teaching The First Time

Butterflies in my stomach, or rather a knot.... why did I say yes, what is wrong with me? I got on my bike, trusted letter "p" adjusted the handle bars, the seat, made sure I had water. I got off my bike went and turned on my ipod after figuring out how to exactly set it up, put the batteries in the microphone, turned the fans on low, turned the lights off. Now I am ready, now I climb onto my bike and clip in my shoes, the music starts and off we go....
That was teaching my first spin class, it was on a Monday in November of 2007, I can hear my first song in my head "days go by" by Dirty Vegas. I have taught many a class since then and feel that I have grown into the role as well as changed the way I ride now. It is more of an experience and a place that I can be myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment