Thursday, February 7, 2013

Rolling Hilly Course



Rolling Hilly Course Endurance One

January 25, 2013

I adapted this workout from a book I bought about a year ago.  The book is called

Workouts in a Binder for Indoor Cycling [Spiral-bound] Wes Hobson , Dirk Friel

It has A LOT of useful information in it, if only I could find the time to devote to reading it...
One thing I did grab out of the book was how to calculate the RPMs, Count your leg movments, for example your knee's upward movement, for 15 seconds and multiple by 4, that is your RPM.  I didn't get a chance to use this for my riders in class yet, but it does help me..
Anyway on to the profile

Mother- 5:36 Pink Floyd  easy warm up song, enough tension to feel the road, deep breaths

Every Teardrop is a Waterfall 5:12 Coldplaery Ty- 30 seconds standing, 30 seconds seating 

Sympathy for the Devil 6:28 Rolling Stones - alternate legs, one minute right leg does all the work, second minute left leg does all the work, third minute work both legs, even it out, repeat

Sunshine 6:01 - Rolling hills, one minute on with tension, one minute off  with a faster pace
Do you love me 2:55 - Rest song, easy pace, easy tension( flat road) people can choose to stand during this time

Insomnia 6:45- Rolling hills as above


Let my love open the door 2:45 - Rest song

Howlin 4:16 - progressive slow hill building for this song and next, add tension every 2 minutes
Swamp 5:16 -
Zocalo 8:37 - Nice strong 75% hill, release the tension, flat road, breathe and work, let the muscles move you, drive your legs with your breath. 

No Surrender 6:37 Cool Down
Home 3:29  Stretches

No comments:

Post a Comment